Before getting started, you'll need to have the Chrome web browser. If you don't have it yet, install the Chrome browser then follow these steps.
Install the Facebook Pixel Helper
- Go to the Chrome web store.
- Search for Facebook Pixel Helper in the search bar.
- Click Add to Chrome.
- Click Add extension in the pop-up.
- To confirm Pixel Helper installation, click the Pixel Helper icon in the address bar.
- Check the pop-up to see any Facebook pixels found on that page, and whether they've been set up successfully.If your pixel's PageView event (which is automatically included as part of your pixel base code) loads on every web page, and each of your standard events loads successfully (on the desired pages only), you're ready to attach the Facebook pixel to your ads.If you see a notification that no pixels were found on your site or that there's an error, you can troubleshoot your error messages.
Note: If you add standard events to your pixel code on certain pages, you'll need to complete a test conversion for each. For example, add an item to your cart to test an AddToCart event in order to confirm that each event loads on the desired page or action.
Uninstall the Facebook Pixel Helper
- Type chrome://extensions in the address bar of your Chrome web browser.
- Click Remove under Facebook Pixel Helper.
- Click Remove again in the pop-up window to confirm.